Iconic is TWITTERING

Make it: Dries Van Noten oversized bangles necklace.

There are these days where I do my research and I do some window shopping along the way and I manage to find something which cost say $1000 but I will shake my head, have a little rant over it and make sure I keep that money in my wallet because it absolutely isn’t worth it. Well, it’s not, not worth it but it’s just not worth it…today. Because I have my tired tight-ass days just as we all do. This has inspired me to do a little “Make it” component because I find that sometimes it is easier to be crafty than it is to splash out the cash. Here is how you can channel the runway accessory look thanks to Dries Van Noten neckpieces.

Oversized bangle necklace by Dries Van Noten

PS; I am actually yet to make this but I am pretty sure that I’m not too far off from the actual designer concept so don’t mind me if there is tweaking to be done. I will post up pictures of my own Dries Van Noten inspired piece when I do have the time to do it.

What do you need?

- Black velvet ribbon (Approx 30cm)

- Various bangles and rings of all shapes, colours and sizes. (It looks best when you stick to one theme)

- Vintage rings

- Big beads and buttons

What to do?

- Knot the top of one end of the ribbon leaving about an 8cm gap from the edge of the ribbon to the centre area.

- Tie the first ring to the knot so that the rings don’t fall off the string.

- Thread through some vintage rings of all shapes, colours and sizes to the end of the knot.

- Finish that section by tying another ring in a knot so that you can start the other section.

- Put your bangles through the string in a fancy order to best achieve the desired result.

- Knot the edge to finish off leaving extra string space at the end of the neckpiece to tie on.

- Tie back edges together to complete.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top